God has an amazing way of communicating with us. Sometimes it's subtle and sometimes it's loud and clear. That is why this story is so precious to me. A little background first. When I became pregnant last August, Easton, our 5 year old just knew he was going to have a sister. As a matter of fact, he insisted! He even used the correct pronouns when talking about the baby. I have heard many stories of siblings having the same intuition. We never found out what we were having.
I believe that on June 10th, God was trying to tell us something. We were on our way to summer camp and we were talking about roller skating. (That was their field trip that day) Here is how our conversation went:
E - "When I'm a big brother, I will get to use those skates with wheels in one line."
Me - "Oh yea?"
E - "Yes, when I get another sister I will get to."
Me - "Another sister? Where's the first one?"
E (Imagine the word "duh" being the very first word) - "Um, one's in heaven and the other one will be when God sends us another one."
Me - "Well, you better start praying to God about that one."
E (again, imagine "duh") - "I already did."
He even knew we lost the baby before we told him. This conversation really pulled at my heart strings. You see, we have often discussed whether or not we would use the names we picked out for this baby when we have another one. This was just part of the answer.
I came into work and began looking for girl names so that I could propose some new ones to Joe. I really felt like our girl name was already taken. (NO, I am not pregnant) Anyway, I thought I had looked up our girl name, Ella, before. If I did I didn't remember, because what I was about to find would blow my mind away. I clicked on some website with girl names and there it was....Ella - completed by God.
I don't think that was by chance. I think it was pretty loud and clear!
No comments:
Post a Comment